District Governor Diane’s Message - October 1, 2016
It is hard to imagine that fall is upon us with the lovely weather we have been enjoying. We are now beginning the second quarter of the Rotary year. Bill and I have continued seeing the wonderful work each and every Club is doing in their community. I am so proud of our District 6330 All Star team.
October is Economic and Community Development Month.
Rotary supports investment in people to create measurable and enduring economic improvements in their lives and communities.
- Strengthening the development of local entrepreneurs and community leaders, particularly women, in impoverished communities
- Developing opportunities for decent and productive work, with a focus on women and youth
- Building the capacity of local organizations and community networks to support economic development
- Supporting studies related to economic and community development
How can Clubs in District 6330 accomplish these goals:
- Look for the needs in your community
- Do a project that will help with Economic and Community Development
October 24, 2016 will be World Polio Day. World Polio day was established by Rotary International to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis. Let’s encourage people to donate to the End Polio Now and make Polio history. I hope that your Club is planning some way to acknowledge this day. Send me your Club’s activities and events and we will share them on the District 6330 Facebook page.